£60.91/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Contino Viña del Olivo 2017
Bottle size and vintage
A wine revealing an elegant, aromatic bouquet, with freshness and acidity conferred by the Graciano grape variety, and a background of minerality - an expression of a special terroir, nurtured in the shade of an ancient olive tree.
Aged for 16 months in French, American and Hungarian oak barrels. It subsequently rests in bottle for at least a further 12 months.
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:18 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:French and american oak
- ViewRuby red / Quite opaque / Limpid
- Bouquet:Spicy notes / Higly aromatic / Blackberries / Liquorice / Fruit aromas / Redcurrants / Aniseed aromas / Menthol aromas
- Mouth:Full / Ripe fruit / Pleasant tannins / Cocoa / Vinous / Well-integrated wood
Viñedos del Contino
Viñedos del Contino, along with Cvne (Haro) (Haro) and Viña Real, belongs to the winery group Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España. The three are located in the Rioja Alta, in Northern Spain. Its name comes from the person who was gifted with the estate lands, the "Contino" Pedro de Samaniego, one of the hundred soldiers forming the Royal Guard, in the time of the Catholic Kings, who “continually” kept watch over the monarchs and their family. From their winery installatio...