£ 9.58/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Indígena Negre 2017
Red Young Crianza
Bottle size and vintage
There are very few single-variety Grenache wines produced in Penedès, even though this grape is a traditional indigenous one from the Mediterranean area. The Indígena wine from the Parés Baltà winery is designed to pay homage to these fresh, wild, tantalizing Grenache vines so commonly cultivated in the past.
It is made with fruit from 14-year-old vines planted in loam and chalk soils 616 metres up in the Serra d'Ancosa hills. This poor mountain soil can be imagined in every sip, as can the intense sun this corner of Penedès enjoys. A juicy but fresh wine — very fresh, in fact. Its untamed acidity promises it can age exceptionally well, but also means we can enjoy this wine straight away, especially with the ideal food pairing. Perfect companions include any kind of meat, or even oily fish, with a good amount of protein and fat. The Indígena Negre is juicy and broad in the mouth; smooth with an extremely long finish. Subtle hints of toast from its short time spent in wood together with its roundness from the same ageing process produce a well-balanced honest and spiced wine with a good structure. Its dry finish reminds the drinker of grape skin and round off an unconventionally complex mouthfeel.
Vegetable rice dishes / Meats with red berry fruit sauces / Roasted pork
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:5 months
- Barrel age:New, second and third year
- Type of wood:French oak
- Clarification and filtration:Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- ViewBright / Picota cherry red / Clean / Violet glints
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Spicy notes / Toasty notes / Cherries / Blackberries / Raspberry / Fruit aromas
- Mouth:Powerful / Structured / Persistent / Fresh / Long / Elegant tannins / Light / Good entry / Fruit aromas / Red fruit / Pleasant finish / Balanced acidity
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 14º C and 16º C
- Decanting:Decanting isn't required
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2021
The winery was founded in 1790 and since then it has never lost the tradition of being a family concern, passed from parents to children. The wines are produced from the 5 estates which the family owns in the area of Pacs del Penedès, on land that ranges from 170 to 750 metres in altitude, which favours the production of wines with clear differences and styles. The winery currently makes two distinctly different lines of wines: the micro-cuvées and the classic range. The mi...