El Linze 2018

El Linze


Produced under the geographical classification Vino de la Tierra de Castilla, El Linze 2018 is a spe...

View more


/ 0.75 L btl

Wine El Linze 2018


Alcohol content i


Bottle size and vintage

0.75 L - 2018


Produced under the geographical classification Vino de la Tierra de Castilla, El Linze 2018 is a special wine, a wine different from any other you have tried before. With an amazing potential and excellent value for money, it is a splendid wine ready to be enjoyed at any time.

El Linze is made mainly (75%) from the little-used local Tinta Velasco grape grown on ungrafted pre-phylloxera vines. These low-yield vines are over 140 years old and cultivated using organic agriculture methods. The remaining 25% of the blend is made up of Syrah grapes which add concentration and delicacy to the final result. The Tinta Velasco grapes ferment in stainless steel tanks whereas the Syrah ones start their alcoholic fermentation in steel tanks but finish in oak barrels, where they also undergo a malolactic fermentation process. Once the final blend is finished, the wine is left to stand and clear for at least 6 months in the bottle before going on sale. A limited production of just over 8,000 bottles means this treasure can only be enjoyed by a lucky few wine enthusiasts.

It displays a wonderfully, intense dark red colour and an aromatic and complex nose with notes of fresh red fruits, flowers such as violets, blackberries and a light touch of coffee. It is a flavoursome wine with mature tannins, a good structure and an excellent balance between fruit and wood in the mouth. The splendid potential of El Linze delights wine connoisseurs while its delicate freshness and pleasantness win over newcomers too.

According to Andreas Larson, elected World's Best Sommelier in 2007 and one of the most prestigious names in the wine sector, this is the best wine in Spain and one of the top 20 in the world from the 2018 vintage

Food pairing

Oily fish / Rice dishes / White meats / To enjoy on its own


  • Vine age:140 years
  • Climate:Continental


  • Ageing period:9 months
  • Type of wood:French oak

Tasting notes

  • ViewBright / Picota cherry red / Clean / Semi-opaque
  • Bouquet:Complex / Higly aromatic / Strawberries / Blackberries / Violets / Raspberry / Fruit aromas / Floral scents / Blackberry
  • Mouth:Balanced / Structured / Persistent / Flavoursome / Long / Ageing notes / Sweet tannins / Fruit aromas / Well-integrated tannins / Coffee


  • Optimum serving temperature:Between 17ºC and 18ºC
  • Decanting:Decanting is recommended

Customer reviews

5 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
by: David Montes (07/04/2017) - Vintage 2014

Un auténtico descubrimiento

Es un vino muy equilibrado, fácil de beber pero con muchos matices ( a describirlos no llego que no soy un profesional de esto). Es de esos vinos que siempre te apetece otra copa cuando terminas la anterior. Uno de mis preferidos.

by: Pj (13 Jul) - Vintage 2018

Tan cerca y sin mi

Descubrimiento tardío para mí de un vino con procedencia de uva tinto Velasco, de una viña súper cercana a mi casa, vino rotundo que no deja indiferente un acierto de su creador que continúa con la saga familiar

by: Jordi (22 Jul) - Vintage 2018

Gran vino de Tierra de Castilla

Un buen vino para acompañar carnes rojas. Excelente en boca y sabor muy persistente.

by: DANIEL ENCINAS AYUSO (1 Jul) - Vintage 2018


Sorprendente!! redondo, balsámico y sabroso. Acidez correcta con buen paso

by: jesuspast (23 Jun) - Vintage 2018

Excelente distribución

Buenos vinos y excelente distribución puesto en mi domicilio