£8.94/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Barón de Ley Reserva 2016
Bottle size and vintage
Made from grapes grown in the winery's own vineyards at Mendavia (Rioja Baja).
The wine is an attractive ruby-red colour and of medium to high density in appearance. The nose displays a toasty, fruit aroma with traces of coconut and toffee, and shows moderate intensity. Powerful, balanced and spicy on the palate, it has notes of ripe fruit and a lengthy finish.
Matured for 20 months in new American oak barrels and subsequently for 24 months in bottle.
Roasts / Mushroom pasta / Oven-baked quails
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:20 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:American oak
- ViewBright / Picota cherry red / Garnet rim / Thick tears / Abundant tears
- Bouquet:Ageing notes / Higly aromatic / Scrubland / Blackberries / Caramel / Raspberry / Coconut / Fruit aromas / Frank / Balanced
- Mouth:Elegant / Spicy notes / Long / Unctuous / Good acidity / Smoky notes / Intense / Ripe fruit / Rounded tannins / Vanilla / Good entry / Red fruit / Cocoa / Pleasant finish / Pepper / Clove / Voluminous
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
The best rioja in my opinion. Great company and fast deliveryby: Andrew (26 Jun) - Vintage 2015
Baron de Lay Reserva
Really good value wine from Rioja which is consistently good, year to year.by: Vinissimus Customer (27 Feb) - Vintage 2015
Excellent service from Vinissimus
Very good Baron de Ley Reserva Rioja at a competitive price, together with a prompt delivery from Vinissimus - great combinationby: Tiff (17 Feb) - Vintage 2015
First class wine. Very good value. Excellent delivery time. Would use them again for all my favourite wine and Jerez.by: Antti (13 Feb) - Vintage 2015
Compared to 2014 this 2015 Reserva is on the next level. More refined, complex and balanced. Extremely good price / quality ratio.
Barón de Ley
The Barón de Ley winery is located in an old monastery in Mendavia (Navarre), within the DOCa Rioja appellation. Founded in 1985 and based on the model of the châteaux in the Médoc region, the cellar has deservedly gained a reputation as a specialist in producing wines for ageing with their excellent Reservas and Gran Reservas. It is one of the few Spanish wineries listed on the stock exchange as part of the larger wine group which goes under the same name and includes other ...