£11.05/ 0.75 L btl
Wine Barón de Ley Reserva 2016
Made from grapes grown in the winery's own vineyards at Mendavia (Rioja Baja).
The wine is an attractive ruby-red colour and of medium to high density in appearance. The nose displays a toasty, fruit aroma with traces of coconut and toffee, and shows moderate intensity. Powerful, balanced and spicy on the palate, it has notes of ripe fruit and a lengthy finish.
Matured for 20 months in new American oak barrels and subsequently for 24 months in bottle.
Roasts / Mushroom pasta / Oven-baked quails
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:20 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:American oak
- ViewBright / Picota cherry red / Garnet rim / Thick tears / Abundant tears
- Bouquet:Ageing notes / Higly aromatic / Scrubland / Blackberries / Caramel / Raspberry / Coconut / Fruit aromas / Frank / Balanced
- Mouth:Elegant / Spicy notes / Long / Unctuous / Good acidity / Smoky notes / Intense / Ripe fruit / Rounded tannins / Vanilla / Good entry / Red fruit / Cocoa / Pleasant finish / Pepper / Clove / Voluminous
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16ºC and 18ºC
One of my favourite wines. Lovely Rioja. Great depth of flavour. Fabulous Price. I will definitely be buying again.by: Faruk Malek (22/09/2020) - Vintage 2016
The best rioja in my opinion. Great company and fast deliveryby: CARLOS CASTINEIRAS (27 May) - Vintage 2016
Vent de qualité à un prix raisonnable, vu que c'est une réserveby: Daniele Mataresi (20 Apr) - Vintage 2016
Ne sentivo veramente la mancanza. Sempre buonissimo.by: Vincent (11 Mar) - Vintage 2016
Une valeur sûre
Vin très bien structuré avec une note boisée bien présente mais sans excès. A découvrir absolument.
Wine from Barón de Ley
The Barón de Ley winery is located in an old monastery in the town of Mendavia, in the Navarre area of the DOCa Rioja appellation. Founded in 1985 and inspired by the Médoc châteaux in France, its Reserva and Gran Reserva wines were quickly rated among the best wines for long-term ageing. One of the few Spanish wineries listed on the stock exchange, it is now a business group bringing together names such as El C...