Casa Castillo was founded in 1941, when Don José Sánchez-Cerezo acquired the estate with the aim of exploiting the rosemary of the mount. Inside the same property was an old winery that, in 1985, the second generation of the family decided to restart. Thus began a new project that included the restructuring of the vineyard and the planting of new varieties. In 1991, the winery building was renovated and two years later the first wine was released.
Currently, Casa Castillo has more than 200 hectares of vineyard surrounded by almond and olive trees, and is pleased to vinify all the fruit it obtains. Located on the Jumilla plateau, it enjoys a magnificent contrast between continentality and the friendliness of the nearby sea. The monastrell grape, historical in the region, is undoubtedly the star, although Garnacha, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon also play a leading role. The vines in glass are cultivated without irrigation and are distributed on four plots of strongly different characters, from the clayey valley, through the sandy soils where the standing plants survive and the gravels of the mountain slopes to the limestone soils of the transition zone between the slopes and the valley.
Today Casa Castillo wines are among the most reputable in the entire Jumilla DO and are exported to countless countries. The quality of the wines, due largely to the arid character of the area, has continued to grow, giving rise to a range of wines that are concentrated and intense as well as fresh, rich in fruity aromas and made to enjoy the essence. of the Mediterranean with every sip.