Godello, fresh white wines
James Suckling: "if you like Chablis, try godello"
Acclaimed wine critic James Suckling wrote an article at the end of June this year reviewing a selection of Godello wines that he believes offer an excellent alternative to Chablis wines.
Thanks to their rich fruit, honey-like flavour, spicy acidity and elegantly bitter finish, Godello wines offer the freshness that a good summer white must-have. The perfect white wine for drinking on a hot summer afternoon, but also a wine that ages very well, often outliving other whites. To top it all, Godello wines are usually available at a very affordable price.
You May Be Also Interested in:
- The godello grape: everything you need to know about this variety and its wines
- White Wine Basics
- Riesling: all you need to know about this grape and its wines
- Pinot gris: everything you need to know about this grape and its wines
- 10 Galician whites ideally priced for all budgets
- Piedmontese white wines
- Italian white wines: the magnificent six!
- Italian whites, naturally summery