£ 14.65/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Las Jaras 2017
Bottle size and vintage
Las Jaras is produced with fruit from hundred-year-old pre-phylloxera vines which are currently awaiting their official organic cultivation certificate. Located in the Valle del Jamuz valley, in the south of León, the north-facing vines are sheltered by Mount Teleno. They are planted on gentle slopes and thrive in this microclimate. The red iron-rich clay soils are cool and lead to structured and expressive wines while the temperature variations the vines experience give the wine a good degree of freshness.
The grapes are collected by hand and deposited in oak barrels crate by crate, with only a quarter of the harvest being de-stemmed which partly explains the character of the wine. Native yeasts are used in the fermentation with the aim of maintaining the local personality of the resulting wine.
Las Jaras offers a beautiful cherry colour with ruby-red rims, and a nose based around elegant notes of dust. Spicy and juicy in the mouth, with plentiful but measured tannins and an interesting hint of talcum covering a mature and round mouth with tastes of lightly liqueur-like red fruit, purple flowers, scrubland and the dry peel of blood oranges. Pleasant, creamy, and deep at the same time; fresh and seductive, with comforting hints of cocoa and smoke in the background. If drunk young, it pairs well with meat dishes but its round and friendly profile means it also works well with lighter foods.
Rabbit lamb with fine herbs / Traditional cuisine / Grilled beef
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:9 months
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewRuby red / Violet glints / Deep
- Bouquet:Complex / Black fruit / Higly aromatic / Balsamic notes / Undergrowth notes / Fruit aromas / Delicate
- Mouth:Smooth / Spicy notes / Rich / Lovely / Good entry / Cocoa / Wild fruits / Profound / deep / Refreshing acidity
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 14ºC and 16ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
- Drinking and storing:Drink now or keep until 2022