We are still operating! - See all information about shipments.Reduced delivery charges over £ 175
£ 22.58/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Coma Vella 2014
Cabernet sauvignon, Cariñena, Grenache, Garnacha peluda, Syrah and Merlot
Bottle size and vintage
A modern-style wine, with fruit at the forefront, balanced and rich in aromas. A wine which sets out to be accessible and most acceptable, fully intending to please.
Time will enhance its finesse and complexity.
Aged for 12 months in French oak barrels. Subsequently left to rest for 6 months in bottle.
Roast lamb / Grilled tuna / Iberian pork
- Vine age:Between 20 and 50 years
- Climate:Mediterranean with continental influence
- Ageing period:14 months
- Barrel age:New, second and third year
- Type of wood:Oak
- ViewPicota cherry red / Garnet rim / Quite opaque
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Ripe fruit / Spices / Mineral
- Mouth:Powerful / Balanced / Flavoursome / Well-integrated tannins
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 16º C and 18º C
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
Allways a solid Prio
This mid range Mas d'en Gil wine is a good choice to become bold and good structured Prio, thus of a great vintage. Will buy again some for cellaring.
Viticultors Mas d'en Gil
The realisation of a dream, “bottling the land”, and a reality: a company run by Pere Rovira and his daughters, showing their passion, tradition and sincerity. Mas d’en Gil is situated in the southern part of the Priorat, where the Garnacha takes precedence over the Cariñena, more typical of the northern area. The location is known as the Priorat’s “botanical garden”, due to the presence of small clumps of lavender and rosemary bushes growing amongst the vines. Mas d’en Gil...