£31.38/ btl 0.75 L
Other customers also bought
Details for Amador Diez Verdejo 2015
Bottle size and vintage
The Bodega Cuatro Rayas cellar presents its new wine which is sure to find a place among the most prestigious white wines in Spain. Its name and label represent a homage to Amador Diez de Íscar who was the director of the cellar for 21 years. His extraordinary entrepreneurial spirit and business vision was behind the re-launching of the cellar and its successful modernization process which has led to the Cuatro Rayas brand becoming a reference point for the D.O. Rueda appellation.
The Amador Diez wine, with its unique wooden label, is made with grapes from one of the oldest vineyards belonging to Cuatro Rayas — from a plot of ten of the best pre-phylloxera hectares of vines, over 100 years old, located in Aldeanueva del Codonal (Segovia). It is the most exclusive and hand-crafted wine from this appellation and this cellar, which dates back to 1935.
Following a manual harvesting and careful selection of the fruit, Amador Diez is vinified in new 600-litre barrels, with regular stirring (bâtonnage) during its 8-month ageing. Native yeasts belonging to the cellar are used for fermenting, unlike with most commercial wine production in Rueda.
Cheeses / Seafood / Roasts / Aperitifs / Fish / Foie gras / Serrano ham
- Vine age:100 years
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:8 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewBright / Clean / Greenish glints / Lemony yellow / Crystal-clear transparency
- Bouquet:Ageing notes / Ripe fruit / Complex / Higly aromatic / Stone fruit / Elegant / Fruit aromas / Sweet fruit / Dried fruit and nuts / Oak / Harmonious
- Mouth:Long / Ageing notes / Unctuous / Good entry / Fruit aromas / Pleasant finish / Easy to drink / With volume
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 6ºC and 8ºC