£ 43.78/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Mestres Mas Via Gran Reserva Brut 2004
Bottle size and vintage
A historic winery with origins dating back to 1312, Mestres is a pioneering firm which produced the first Brut Nature cavas back in 1925; unique cavas characterized by their lengthy ageing process. Almost all their wines are fermented and aged on their lees in chestnut barrels before being bottled ready for the second fermentation. They age under cork and the disgorging date is printed on the bottle label.
Mestres Mas Via is a clear example of this extremely careful production process. An expressive cava made from old vines owned by the Mestres winery, it matures on its lees for over 160 months! The result is an exceptional, elegant, complex, long and lingering cava.
- Vine age:Between 50 and 60 years
- ViewDeep yellow
- Bouquet:Ageing notes / Smoky notes / Higly aromatic / Confectionery / Balsamic notes / Candied fruit / Honey / Dried fruit and nuts / Smoke / Cereal aromas / Mediterranean herbs / Mustard
- Mouth:Balanced / Complex / Mineral notes / Fresh / Well-integrated carbonic acid / Attractive / Piquant
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 8ºC and 10ºC
- Decanting:Aeration is recommended
Nariz primorosa desprendiendo aromas de manzana asada, piel de naranja, membrillo, nueces y un toque oxidativo intenso. En boca es sublime, sedoso donde los haya, carbónico integradísimo y sensación de frescor absoluta en su paso por boca. Sabroso, largo y elegante. Un gran cava.