Known in Haro and beyond by the abbreviated form CVNE, Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España is the founding bodega of the group of the same name which currently includes the Cvne, Viña Real and Contino wineries in the Rioja Alta and Rioja Alavesa.
It still remains in the ownership of the Real de Asúa family, with the fifth generation now running the company. Two brothers, Eusebio and Raimundo, established the winery back in 1879, which maintains its historic presence in the old part of Haro near the railway station.
As one of the first bodegas in La Rioja to start bottling their wines, Cvne has always been characterised throughout its 125-year history by its ability to combine tradition with a firm commitment to innovation. Looking to maintain the high quality of its wines, it has shown a pioneering spirit in its readiness to implement new ideas and the latest advances in technology.