£18.74/ 0.75 L btl
Château de la Gardine Rasteau 2017
Alcohol content i
Bottle size and vintage
The grape varieties of Château de la Gardine Rasteau are planted in three main soil types characteristic of the denomination: brown and limestone, skeletal soils (unaltered rocks) on loam and red earth on sandstone.
A beautiful deep maroon color with purple tones. On the nose we find notes of blackcurrant, violet, blackberry, licorice. It evolves after a few years of aging in aromas of prunes and leather. The palate is robust and generous with elegant and tight tannins. It will evolve at some time in more complex aromas of cherry pie, o kirsch.
The flexibility of the tannins and the fruit of this Rasteau are a perfect ally for food combinations that are generally difficult to match.
Lamb / Curry dishes
- Climate:Mediterranean with continental influence
- Vinification material:Cement / Stainless steel
- Type of wood:French oak
- ViewGarnet / Blueish glints
- Bouquet:Leather / Blackberries / Liquorice / Violets / Redcurrants / Prunes
- Mouth:Long / Elegant tannins / Robust / Generous
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 14ºC and 16ºC