£35.37/ btl 0.75 L
Other customers also bought
Details for Gallaecia 2016
Bottle size and vintage
Gallaecia is a late harvest wine, and only produced when the weather at harvest-time permits. The first vintage was in 1996, followed by 1999, 2002 and 2004. Dampness in the month of October, when the grapes could be collected late, is often too high and that brings on Botrytis rot which attacks the grapes before they reach full ripeness.
At any time
- Vinification material:Stainless steel
- ViewBright / Intense / Yellow / Golden glints
- Bouquet:Exotic fruit / Fruit aromas / Hay / Orange peel / Dried peach strips
- Mouth:Elegant / Smooth / Persistent / Enveloping / Slightly sweet / Pleasant finish
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 10ºC and 12ºC
Bodegas Martín Códax
Founded in 1986 in Cambados in the Galician valley Val do Salnés, Bodegas Martín Códax is a reference winery in the D.O. Rías Baixas appellation and an ambassador for the Albariño grape, the most well-known and appreciated variety in this region. The winery is named after Martín Códax, one of the most important troubadours from Galicia in the Middle Ages who sang in Galician-Portuguese of the love and passion Galicians feel for the sea. Since 2003, this company has also...