£10.56/ btl 0.75 L
Details for Barón de Ley Varietales Tempranillo 2015
Bottle size and vintage
In homage to the most renowned Rioja grape, the Barón de Ley Varietales Tempranillo is made from Tempranillo sourced exclusively from the highest estate run by the winery; the Carboneras estate at an altitude of 850m. A fine and elegant wine which keeps well and has its own character.
Semi-cured cheeses / Iberian pork secreto / Roast lamb
- Vinification material:Wood
- Ageing period:12 months
- Barrel age:New
- Type of wood:American oak
- ViewDark / Garnet / Violet rim
- Bouquet:Red fruit / Higly aromatic / Scrubland / Vanilla / Fruit aromas / Almond / Confectionery notes
- Mouth:Elegant / Complex / Persistent / Spicy notes / Toasty notes / Fresh / Good acidity / Intense / Creamy / Fine / Balsamic notes / Red fruit / Wild fruits / Vibrant / With personality / Pine resin
- Optimum serving temperature:Between 14ºC and 16ºC
Very pleasant Rioja
A very nice Tempranillo with great depth and flavour. Its not exceptional but is very good value in my opinion.
Barón de Ley
The Barón de Ley winery is located in an old monastery in Mendavia (Navarre), within the DOCa Rioja appellation. Founded in 1985 and based on the model of the châteaux in the Médoc region, the cellar has deservedly gained a reputation as a specialist in producing wines for ageing with their excellent Reservas and Gran Reservas. It is one of the few Spanish wineries listed on the stock exchange as part of the larger wine group which goes under the same name and includes other ...